Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I'm BACK!!!


"OK! So when does she go back to work again?!!!"









I do apologise for not posting for most of the month. I really don't know where all the time went! I know some of it was spent fighting the cold from you know where that only seemed to knock me on my butt at home...but still allowed me to work (thank goodness, I think!). That prevented me from doing much of anything beyond the basics. Another problem I was having was with my internet connection. Don has since fixed that as it was frustrating me so much I just wouldn't get online. I'm terribly behind in my blog reading as well as my blog posting. lol Little bits each day and I may catch up yet. Don and I are on vacation for awhile, so I'm hoping to get caught up on the fun stuff of life, including blogging. I have some plans for sprucing up the blog, but will have to make the time to do the changes and really that's on the bottom of the "To Do" list. Maybe I can plan on getting that done before my 1st Blogiversary. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year!

I have several things that I want to post about so I'm going to post them separately. Honestly, if I post it all at once Blogger may start smoking....or drinking in the very least! lol. I posted a completely separate post at the Selfish Sunday Knitters Blog and will cross post it here after this one is complete. Then we'll move onward and forward!

As a personal update, DH and I enjoyed our first day off together yesterday; alone and without holiday stuff to do. We watched 4 movies yesterday. Yes 4. (We watched the 5th this morning. lol ) Our plans for yesterday fell out perfectly as we were able to get the dump run done and then spent the whole day watching movies. We don't normally do that so it felt good to just unplug and veg. I should probably own up to the fact that I can't sit through a sit-com without doing some hand craft or another, so I did knit and spin during the movies. ;) The only hitch in the day was the idiot that woke us up (on our first true day of vacation) at 5am burning off his tires outside our bedroom on the asphalt road. We were less than impressed.

TEASER ALERT




Don brought home a new toy for me to play with. I'm going to post pictures of it later, when I've had some time to play with it, but I wanted to post this first. This ball winder was in the box of "equipment" he brought home. There are no manufacture marks on it other than JAPAN in raised letters on the underside. I haven't finished cleaning it up yet and havn't used it yet, but I'm positive it works. I'm hoping it winds larger cakes of yarn then the Royal one that I bought last summer. I'm not sure of the age on it, but am pretty pleased with it! Wait until you see the rest of the "toy"! hehehe

No comments: