Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Beaded Crochet

One of the things I've always wanted to do is beaded crochet. Last weekend I sat down with a pattern happily supplied from a member on the Spindlers yahoo list and started my first project.
The pattern for the Beaded Amulet Bag can be found here. http://host83.ipowerweb.com/~knitting/crochet/beaded-amulet-bags.htm. I don't know exactly what I was thinking when I started this project. I've been wanting a smallish bag to hang on my wheel for holding my container of oil, a screwdriver and an extra drive band. So why did I think that this was going to even come close when I finished the bottom and started the sides?!! I didn't. I didn't even think about it. lol I was so entranced with making sure the beads were slid up in time that I didn't even think about how small this is. I constructed this one out of embroidery floss divided down to three strands and size 11 seed beads. The embroidery floss gives you great color options, but can be a bit of a pain to crochet with as the lengths are not really that long. This little bag used just over a skein of floss, so that's not bad. I'm sure I'll be making more of these up though as they are quick projects and everyone I've shown them to loves them! I'm currently working on a proper sized bag for the wheel...that will be done soon.


















No comments: