Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Dyeing to Do It Again!!


Ok that was bad....I apologise for the title. Really, sometimes I get so carried away I scare even myself. I'm just way to excited and probably won't sleep a wink tonight. (The mega load of fleece arrives tomorrow! and possibly....just possibly.....a drum carder too!) On top of all my good fortune, I had a few free hours with Mom today, so we decided to try some Kool Aid dyeing together. Neither of us could believe the water would end up colorless so we just had to see. The pic is the results of the day....sorry for poor quality. Too excited to set things up correctly lol. I used the Mango, Black Cherry and Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade. After those were done it was time to take her home but after dinner......it was time for GRAPE! and well....a pot of blue just using the blue food coloring, vinegar, ect. (I used the same ratios as when Kool Aid dyeing.) So the grape is cooling on the stove, and the blue is simmering away. Nope...no sleep for me tonight. I think I'll just dye fiber all night. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love those colors! This is the first time I've seen the mango. I'm going to have to see if I can find some mango Kool-Aid around town.