Saturday, September 02, 2006

Wednesdays Post

I try to post twice a week, on Wednesday and on Sunday. Those are my days off during the week and I usually get more done those days, so there's more to show. Also posting twice a week is my way of reminding myself what I've accomplished (or not) during the week. Sometimes I get to feeling like I'm not accomplishing anything (not lately tho!) and need to be able to look back and see what I've done. This week I missed posting on Wednesday as we were gone till late at night and I just didn't have time.

Don used a vacation day from work on Wednesday so we could go to the Evergreen State Fair together during the week instead of on a busy weekend day. We like to go to the fair, but large crowds bug me so we try to do these things when the crowds are not going to be too bad. I'm going to post more on the fair in separate posts, well....because there are LOTS of pictures. hehe Usually I take the camera and then don't take pictures for one reason or another. This year, he was in charge of the camera and he did us proud. There will probably be at least 3 separate posts of Fair Pictures. In all fairness (no pun intended!) we were there for about 10 or 11 hours...and he did a great job recording it! As we didn't get home until about 10:30 pm and both of us had to work on Thursday, I left resizing the pics and posting for another day. (Today!)

I was lucky enough to get today off from work, giving me a three day weekend. My goal for the weekend is to complete building the garden beds and cover the pathways and of course....to wash more wool. (Ugg)

I took this picture from the deck when we were done tonight at about 7:30. I am totally amazed at how much progress we've made in the garden and am really excited to see it all come together. (I know, I know...I keep saying that! But after 10 years...can you blame me?!) Today we finished two more square beds, leveled most of the walkways, and started the raspberry bed. I'll get that wrapped up tomorrow along with the blueberry bed. I'm hoping I can start covering the pathways too. It's looking like I won't have enough soil for the last two beds, so I will probably be getting some on Wednesday. oh yippee. lol Don purchased the gutters for the shed today and installed the one on the front of it. Lowe's was out of the down spouts for them but that was ok as we havn't decided if we are going to use the standard downspouts or the old style chain downspouts. We'd like to install rain barrels for the water to run into and may still down the road. Some of these decisions will have to wait a bit as my brain can only do so much deciding and rationalizing in a day. ;) No comments necessary, thank you very much. Ok, that pretty much sums up today and I need to wrap up this post so I can start the Fair posts. hehehehhe. (And fold some laundry!) This weekend is going to be post heavy...and picture heavy, for I will not be able to stop from posting the garden progress pictures tomorrow. (It'll be nice to have this done and be able to give the rest of the yard some attention!)

No comments: