Friday, September 29, 2006

Wooo HOOO!


It's done! 205 yards of Merino/Silk/Tencel plied, skeined, washed and dried. It's officially ready to age a proper amount. (You know, till I find the right project and work up the guts to use it!) Being so super shiny it's hard to photograph the true color but this comes very close. I turned the flash way down and this was as good as it gets without natural daylight. ;)
I tried to take an up-close-here's-what-every-strand-looks-like picture but it didn't come out. Maybe in natural daylight it will work better. We'll see.

3 comments:

Abigale said...

Oh my goodness gracious - it is beautiful! I know very well how hard it is to photograph silk and silk blends - but that is just gorgeous! Great job on the plying ;-)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot and I love the color. Maria

Anonymous said...

That turned into beautiful yarn!