Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Back From Outer Space

It's been so long since I've updated this that I almost don't even know where to begin. So much has been going on, all good, but I don't really know where the time goes! Sometimes I feel like I've been shipped to outerspace and then Time Warped back here. ( Yes Tracie, it's just a jump to the left.....then a step to the right!)

I think I'll begin with the garden update. I did get the rest of the planting beds turned over and did a bit of general clean up. I havn't covered the beds with the plastic as planned...and may never get that done but they seem to be breaking down pretty good. Last Sunday I weeded our patio area and the pathway out to the gate so theres been some progress there. Don mowed the lawn on Saturday for the first time and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it did before. I've been transplanting seedlings into larger containers as it's still too cold to set them out yet. I'm hoping I can start hardening them off soon.



I finished the skein of blue silk/merino blend that I had on the wheel. It's fabulously soft and is approximately 500 yards. Yep a record for me! I do believe that's the longest skein of 2 ply I've created yet. I'm pretty happy with it and can't wait to contrive a project for it. Something lacey me thinks.




Last month at guild I was able to pick up a "bump" of Llama to spin up as part of a charity project. I jumped at the chance as I've never spun it before and they were not looking for "perfect" yarn. :) It's spinning up very fast...to fast for me really, but I am having to work at spinning a larger yarn. I've gotten so used to spinning smaller and smaller that I have to think a bit more on this stuff to keep it larger. This was processed by a guild member, rolled up on brown paper then rolled up in a tube. This picture doesn't do it justice, but does show how fine this stuff is.
I have so much to update on, I think I'll break them up, so there's not too many pictures in each post. So next post should be about the last guild project and knitting update!

No comments: