Well, it's almost time to start the Tour de Fleece and I really can't wait. I thought I'd flash a pic of the stash pre-Tour and hopefully will have a picture of a much reduced stash at the end of the month. Remember, my goal is to spin up my "ready to use" stash. Stuff that's been sitting in the wings ready to go. So along with the two unimpressive photos, I give you a list of what these pics contain. I don't have weights on all of them, but will of course list weights at the time of completion of skeins.
1) 13 oz White Lincoln,2) dark green silk/merino,3) Teal mystery wool, 4) "dragon mountain" wool, 5) 8 oz Brown/gray Lincoln, 6)Natural Brown-Soft n Silky, 7)Shetland, 8)Tropical Corrie locks, 9) Unpleasant Frizzy brown (which hopefully will become pleasant not so frizzy brown after some gentle carding. I have my doubts.) 10) Joaquin-The Alpaca! 11) The Jacob fleece (in the purple bucket) There is also some dark green/olive green silk/merino, some Tan cotton and some chiengora stashed in there, but those three are excluded from the Tour unless I complete all 11 on the list. I, by no means, think I will get half of these done as that is a lot of spinning, and I'm striving for quality, not just quantity. Nevertheless, it's fun to see them all in print. Some still need some carding done, but I'll work through what I've got and card a bit here and there as necessary. I did get the Alpaca carded today, so work can start on that soon. I'm looking forward to that. I'm aiming for a true lace weight with that skein. ;)
Other than that stuff, there's been work in the yard/garden as the weather allows. It's tough sometimes as it seems it's either too wet and cold or to darn hot to be out there. I prefer weeding in the rain over temps in the 80's though. I was able to finish weeding the edging beds and was able to get the corner bed done. I'll be able to add some more plants to it as I find them on sale. Next year it should look really good. That leaves the long driveway bed and the rose bed (once again). They both should be quick as they were mulched with bark and the weeds are more large, than thick.
Work on the crochet shawl is moving along. I do suspect that I have too many increases though as it's pretty ruffly at this stage. I'm not sure though so I'll plow onward and hope for the best. Hubsters sock is about 3 inches away from the ribbing and cast of. (I know, Gasp! lol) I work on either the sock or the shawl depending on the mood, but I'm much faster at the crochet so it's progressing much quicker. (I'm fighting the urge to start a pansy doily from the new to me pamphlets. Must. Stay. Strong. Focus. On. The. Tour!)
Well time to close this out for tonight. The fireworks are increasing as the sun goes down, and it's time to console the children (dogs/cats). I hope every one's Independence Day was safe but fun!