Here's the obligatory coin shot...badly out of focus. lol. I checked out some of the progress "reports" on the message board and have since decided not to check those anymore. I'll focus on my spinning goals instead. I don't have a lot of time on the Internet right now anyway, and need to spend that time updating this here blog. lol
This picture I completely apologise for right now. It's completely out of focus, but it's only purpose was to show you the full bobbin with a true color representation. This is the teal mystery wool on my Tour list. I spun this up and plan to leave it in single form until I spin up some copper colored wool that is yet to be dyed. (Yep, sounds like another dyeing fiasco in my future.lol) I'm planning on plying this with two copper singles, making a three ply out of it.
With these two crossed off my list it was time to change ratios on my wheel. I'm nearly ignorant when it comes to the wheel ratios, what they are best for and even which I have. (I could look it up, but that would take valuable spinning time.) All I know is that I decided that I wanted to change ratios before I spun up any more Alpaca as it felt like I was spinning faster than I should have been to get the job done last time. So today I successfully adjusted my wheel, tied on a new drive band and took off with the next packet of Alpaca. Much better, but I'll confess to thinking I may try out the next ratio too. I feel like I'm treadling as if I'm in a race still, and really.....this is suppose to be relaxing.
Well it's time to call it a night. I've another post in the works, but it can wait until tomorrow. ;) Nite all.
Update: The brown weighed in at 8.75 oz and approx 538 yards.