I finished DH's slippers finally but am waiting for the batteries to charge so I can release them from the innards of the camera. So I'll add them onto the end of the post.
I was tagged by Taueret the other day for the 8 Ramdom Things about me thingy. "Here’s the deal: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged."
As I'm pretty random myself lately, this should be a walk in the park!
1) I ordered some Options needles from Knit Picks to try out. It's the old test them out before spending a wad of cash on new knitting needles trick. I thought I was being pretty clever considering my "stash" on Knit Picks its quite, um, well...lets just say I've got a lot to look (and work) forward to. VBG The funny thing is that the wait for the package to arrive is driving me insane. I paid for the standard shipping because I rationalized that the extra money that super fast shipping costs could be spent on another skein of yarn. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten one less ball of yarn....and super fast shipping. The suspense is killing me!
2) I better make these less wordy or I'll never get done and you will all fall asleep!
3)I really really dislike the holidays. Don't get me wrong, the time off of work and the time spent with DH is great! It's the rest of the garbage I could do without.
4) I craft best when I have more than one project going at a time.
5) I cannot be trusted with cash inside a craft store. ;) I will come home with something.
6) The next time I get my eyes checked I am going to try contact lenses again. I'm sick of glasses but cannot fathom having eye surgery.
7) I started this yesterday and the original heading was "Happy Thanksgiving!" Now it doesn't seem so apt, so I deleted it.
8) If I didn't have to work for a living, I'd probably end up a reclusive hermit.
I hereby tag Abi, Sydney, Donna, Cindy, Donyale, Elisa, Chappysmom, and Purlingswine ! Some of these are people I've tagged before, some are new victims. lol
Ok, now for the fun stuff. Dh's slippers before...
And after.....You know...they really don't look like they shrank much, but they did. They're a pretty good fit on the hubsters feet and he loves them. I've never had something I've made for someone recieved with so much honest joy. It was truely gratifying. Puts him high on the "Make something for" list too. lol